[Recipe] Economic Fried Bihun (vegan!)
A quick and easy recipe to use up the vegetables in your fridge. This dish is super nostalgic for me cuz I used to have this every weekend morning for breakfast with some sambal. How about you?
- 2 pieces raw Bihun, soaked until softened
- 1/2 piece seaweed tofu, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts (aka tauke)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 150ml water
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp mushroom seasoning (it's salty so I don't add salt anymore)
1. In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Stir well and set aside.
2. In a wok, heat up the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute quickly until aromatic.
3. Add carrot, cabbage and tofu. Stir fry quickly until slightly wilted.
4. Add bean sprouts, softened bihun and the sauce. Stir until well-combined.
5. Add water and let simmer over medium heat until the water is full absorbed by the bihun and it is fully cooked. Taste and season accordingly (The sauce should be salty enough tho 😉)
6. Turn off the heat and serve. Enjoy!