Vegan Meal for Two 🍚
🥦豆包炒杂菜 Vegetable Stir-Fry with Soy Chips
1 packet of Fresh Soy Chips, cut into thick strips
Vegetable oil for shallow fry
2 cups of broccoli florets
1 small carrot, sliced
1 packet (200g) Shiimeiji Mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic or a thumb-sized of ginger, sliced thinly
1 cup of water
- 1 tsp Mushroom seasoning powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- A few dashes of white pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Shallow fry the soy chips until they are golden browned and crispy. Set aside.
2. Blanch broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, add 1-2 tbsp of oil. Saute the garlic until fragrant.
4. Add broccoli, carrot and mushrooms, and give them a quick stir.
5. Add water and soy chips (cut into bite-sized). Simmer until the soy chips are softened.
6. Add seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
🐟姜丝煎黑昌”鱼” & Ginger and Soy Sauce Black Pomfret Fish
4 pieces of Vegetarian Black Pomfret Fish, thawed
Vegetable oil for frying
2 thumb-sized ginger, sliced into thin strips
2 scallion (green leaves), sliced thinly to make (optional) curly garnish
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
A few dashes of white pepper
1/2 cup water
1. Deep fry the ginger and fish separately until crispy. Serve the fish on a plate.
2. Stir the ingredients in a small bowl, then simmer the sauce with 1 tsp of oil until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and pour over the fish.
3. Garnish with fried ginger and fresh scallion. Serve immediately.