Japanese Chicken Curry 🍛
Green Rebel's Chick'n Chunks are juicy, tender and high in protein (100g serving=15.3g protein). It doesn't have strong flavours so it's perfect as a substitution for any chicken recipes you would like to veganised. Here's my attempt, and I hope you like this recipe 😊
🥔 Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 1 potato, peel & cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, peel & cut into similar size of the potato chunks
- 1 white onion, peel & slice thinly
- 1 box of Green Rebel's Chick'n Chunks, halved
- 1 apple, peel & grated
- 1 canned tomato
- 2-3 cans of water (enough to cover all ingredients)
- 1 box of vegan Japanese curry cubes
- 1 tsp soy sauce for taste
- a few tbsp of vegetable oil for cooking
- julienned cucumber for garnish
1. Parboil carrot & potato in boiling water for 4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a large pot, sweat and caramelise the onion with 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil.
3. Add and sear Green Rebel's Chick'n Chunks until lightly browned.
4. Add step 1. Stir briefly to combine.
5. Add canned tomato and water. Let everything simmer for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally to break down the tomato.
6. Turn down the heat and add curry cubes. Stir to combine until the curry cubes are completely melted.
7. Serve with some steamy rice and garnish with a handful of julienned cucumber.
- Do not overcook the Chick'n Chunks as it might become too soft. If this happened, you may refrigerate the curry overnight to restore the texture. Reheat in a microwave before consuming.