THERMOMIX Recipe: Vegan Fusion Risotto
Here’s a quick dinner I made in 30 minutes because I had Arborio rice and I was pretty sure I could veganise the Risotto recipe that was in my TMX cookbook. It turned out so good I had to type it all out and share it with you. I was inspired by after watching Massimo Bottura’s lesson on Pumpkin Risotto and he encouraged us to use our local ingredients and experiment and explore. So since I had plucked curry leaves and daun kaduk from my walk in the morning, this was the perfect time to use it. I’m calling this a fusion recipe because it has all these Asian elements in it - miso, goji berries, taucu but yet it still retains the texture and likeness of risotto. If you make it, please tag me so I can see your dishes too! Feel free to share this, as always to help the animals, the earth and the people. #govegan
50gm dried porcini mushrooms
30 gm coconut oil
2 pinches of saffron
320g Arborio riice
60g white wine
1 tablespoon organic taucu
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Handful of goji berries
Daun kaduk, sliced finely
2 stalks of curry leaves
Sheese vegan cheese, grated
Fresh wasabi, grated
Freshly ground dried papaya seeds (to replace black pepper)
1. Advanced prep: Soak dried porcini mushrooms in water for 30 minutes to rehydrate them.
2. Add coconut oil, mushrooms and saffron into mixing bowl and saute 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
3. Add rice and saute 3 min/120°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
4. Add white wine and cook 1 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
5. Add water, taucu, salt, and scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice. Cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
6. Allow risotto to rest for 1 minute. Stir in goji berries, daun kaduk, curry leaves, miso into risotto.
7. Top with nutritional yeast, vegan cheese, wasabi, ground dried papaya seeds