- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (or 2 cups cooked)
- 6 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 2-3 tsp dried parsley)
- Using food processor, combine chickpeas, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and garlic.
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add parsley and continue processing until parsley is finely chopped.
- Place in covered serving dish and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve with pita bread or crackers, or use as a sandwich spread.