- 1/2 cup butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped (can use less or more depending on how much you like garlic!)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 -10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 -10 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter and saute garlic and scallions till soft.
- Add the cream cheese in chunks, allow to melt.
- Add the sour cream.
- Once mixture is warm slowly add the hard cheeses until all is added and melted.
- Stir to completely combine.
- Place the mixture in an oven proof bowl or casserole and cover.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
- This is just to make sure the cheese is melted and all the flavors come through.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sticks (veggies, crackers, fingers).