- 1/3 cup oat bran (ground rolled oats)
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup splenda granular or 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ripe banana , mashed
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/2 cup strawberry , crushed
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil (i used enova) or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (i used enova)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons splenda brown sugar blend or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pecans , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat bran, white flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, Splenda and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, stir together bananas, pineapple, strawberries, eggs, vanilla, applesauce and oil.
- Stir fruit mixture into flour mixture.
- Streusel: In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut butter into flour mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Put a mounded tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin.
- Put 1 teaspoon of raspberry preserves over the center of the batter in each muffin tin.
- Use remaining batter to nearly fill muffin tins.
- Sprinkle streusel over the top of batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until toothpick tests clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and turn out of tins.
- Optional Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar, blood orange juice and zest. Once muffins are room temperature, drizzle glaze over them.
- *Good with whipped cream too!