- 3/4 cup chopped blanched almond
- 7 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Sliced freestone peach, drained (or other canned fruit)
- Combine almonds, margarine, sugar, flour and milk in a skillet; let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan, lined with foil.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on foil. When cool, peel off foil.
- Break up brittle and serve as is, or crumble over ice cream and garnish with fruit.