- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb string bean, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Sauté the onion in butter until golden brown.
- Add the beans to the onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until the beans turn a bright green.
- Add the garlic through salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes, or until beans are tender.