- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size bowl. After the 5 minutes is up, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and a little bubbly. Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture. Stir everything together. Use a spoon to start. Finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- Put the dough on the cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball. Break off a piece of dough that's about the size of a large gumball. Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake. Twist the rolled dough into a medium-sized pretzel shape, and put it on a cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool slightly before biting into them.
- Tip: If you like, you can sprinkle the pretzels with coarse salt before baking them.