- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup instant powdered milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine, like a sweet german gewurztraminer
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 11 ounces angel food cake, store bought
- 1/2 cup toasted crushed cashews
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container cool whip
- For Curd.
- In a microwave safe dish, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Heat to dissolve sugar whisking after a minute.
- Add butter and stir until it has melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs into cooled lemon mixture until well blended.
- Return to microwave oven and cook over medium-low, whisking ever minute, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.
- Softening apricots.
- Add white Wine to Apricots for one hour then remove from wine.
- Pour the wine into a glass filled with ice for your self to enjoy while making trifle.
- For Pudding.
- Mix the pudding ingredients together whisk till smooth set aside.
- In a trifle bowl place half of the angel food cake follow with 1/2 of the lemon curd, pudding, apricots, bananas, 1/3 coconut, cashews and cool whip.
- Repeat with second layer.
- Top with 1/3 of cool whip garnish with rest of cashews a coconut.
- Refrigerate till ready to eat.