Vegan Chocolate Cake With Vegan Icing
- 3 cups flour (spelt)
- 2 cups sugar (natural)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg substitute (i used ground flax seed and water)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup light oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (i used maple)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese (sofened-i used toffuti)
- 1/4 cup margarine (softened-i used earth balance)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350'F.
- Prepare your baking pan(s). Make sure you grease them well and put parchment on the bottom of the pans. This cake can stick.
- You can use a tub pan. If you do, bake this for one hour.
- You can use a 9 x 13 rectangular pan, if you do bake for 45 minutes.
- If you use 2 round 8" cake pans bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Not all ovens are the same so cooking times may vary slightly.
- After the cake is done, check it with a skewer by sticking it in the middle of the cake. If its done, the skewer will come out clean.
- NOW FOR THE CAKE:.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together well and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together until totally combined and smooth.
- Put the batter into your prepared pan(s) and bake according to the above directions:.
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE ICING:.
- In a deep narrow bowl beat the cream cheese, margarine, vanilla and sea salt together well until it is a creamy mixture.
- Add the cocoa and mix thoroughly. You could leave the cocoa out if you want a white icing.
- Add the powdered sugar until the icing is the consistency you like. I prefer mine somewhat stiff, but its up to you.
- Once the cake(s) are totally cooled ice them and put into the fridge to set up for about 1 hour.
- Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy with your favourite beverage.
- Bon Appetit!
| More Photos Of This Recipe|
Rate This Recipe
What do you think of this recipe?