- 1 lb green beans , washed and ends removed
- 2 large tomatoes , sliced in 1/3-inch rounds
- 1 -2 garlic clove , minced
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese , sliced thinly
- 5 fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (about 1/4-1/2 tsp)
- Parboil green beans in a pot of salted, boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until just slightly tender. Strain and place beans in bowl of cold water to keep beans from cooking further and to bring them to room temperature.
- On a large serving platter, cover bottom with a layer of green beans. Then place the tomato slices in a single layer on top. Cover each tomato with a thin slice of mozzarella. Sprinkle the minced garlic and chopped basil on top.
- In a small container, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt until combined. Drizzle over the salad and serve.