- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sweet potatoes, boiled & peeled
- Boil sweet potatoes in skins for 15 minutes, rinse with cool water and remove skins.
- Mix brown sugar and water in sauce pan, and boil together for 5-minutes, stirring frequently forming a syrup.
- Add butter and stir until dissolved. Add salt and remove from heat.
- Cut sweet potatoes in quarters lengthwise with cut side down in a.
- Greased 9"x12" baking dish.
- Poor syrup mixture over the sweet potatoes, cover them and bake at a 350° F oven for 60-minutes.
- Baste sweet potatoes with syrup in the pan.
- Turn them over every 10-minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Optional: serve with or without butter.