- 300 g fresh strawberries, & washed
- 1 (300 g) packet frozen blueberries
- 1 (300 g) packet frozen mixed berries
- 1 (300 g) packet frozen raspberries
- Cointreau liqueur, to taste
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons honey (or icing sugar)
- Hull and halve most of the strawberries, leaving some whole for decoration.
- Using a clear glass bowl for display add frozen berries and fresh strawberries and mix together, leaving the whole strawberries for later.
- Put Cointreau, arrowroot and honey into a small saucepan and heat until it starts to thicken, then add about 1/4 of the berries from the glass dish and puree or blend with a stick blender.
- Pour pureed berries over the mixed berries in the glass bowl and mix well, keeping the whole strawberries on top for decoration.
- Taste now before chilling and adjust flavours, by adding more Cointreau and sweetener if necessary - I usually just add icing sugar instead of more honey.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill then serve with ice-cream or whipped cream.