- 1 (18 -20 ounce) package gingerbread mix, pillsbury
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In mixing bowl, combine gingerbread mix and water. Blend at low speed; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in apple slices.
- Pour into greased 8-9 inch square pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; crumble over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Serve warm or cool.