- 1/2 baguette, cut in slices of 1/2 inches thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallots, chopped or 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, finely sliced (3/4 lb in total, read above in the recipe description)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon nut oil or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Spread baguette slices on a baking sheet. In a skillet, melt the butter at medium heat. Brush the slices with about 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Cook under the preheated grill for about 4 minutes or until the slices are golden and crispy (flip at mid-cooking). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet, add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper and cook while stirring for about 7 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and liquid has evaporated. Add parsley and stir.
- When ready to serve, spread about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each crostini and sprinkle with oil. Serve hot.