- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter together in 3-qt saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (about 4-7 minutes). (If you're short on time, you can also do this in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave; be careful not to burn the chocolate, though!).
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 33-38 minutes -- until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- **Brownie Tips: Begin checking for doneness 5 minutes before minimum baking time. Mine are usually done by the 30 minute mark, but every oven is different.