- 1/2 lb brown button mushroom, firm
- 1/2 lb white button mushrooms, firm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a clean, damp cloth, then cut them in half.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat for several minutes, then add the oil & get it really hot.
- Drop the butter into the hot oil, where it will quickly sizzle & start to turn golden. BEFORE it turns brown, add the mushrooms!
- QUICKLY cook the mushrooms for NO MORE THAN 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned. If the mushrooms are cooked too slowly, they will stew, give off liquid & become a soupy mess.
- Season with black pepper & salt, then add the coriander & chives.
- Immediately spoon the mushrooms into a serving bowl & ENJOY!