- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups cooked oatmeal, kept hot
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- Heat your oven to 375*F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper(or parchment paper). Mix the nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and 3 tbls. maple syrup in a medium bowl, and spread in a single layer on the prepared pan. Stirring every 5 minutes to evenly coat, bake until mixture is fragrant and toasted-about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Stir the cranberries and the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup into the oatmeal.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup milk over each serving and top with the maple glazed nuts. Enjoy!
- If you like, make only the glazed nuts, and triple the batch and keep on hand to eat alone. Store in an airtight container.