- 1 cup almond meal (100g)
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 125 g butter or 125 g margarine
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter either in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat on the stove. Set aside.
- Sift the icing sugar, flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the almond meal and stir to combine.
- Add the egg whites and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and stir to combine. Don't worry if there are a few lumps, just make sure there aren't too many. Mixture should be medium thick.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups of about 1/2-cup capacity. If your tray has 12, grease 10 and fill the remaining cups with water.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons into each cup, then sprinkle 2-4 blueberries on top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until they spring back lightly when touched.