- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 100 ml oil (1/3-1/2c)
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan extract (see NOTE)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 8 muffin cups with paper cups.
- Sift self-raising flour, salt and sugar(i use same amount granulated sugar) into a mixing bowl.
- Dissolve coconut milk powder with water, add corn oil, egg and pandan paste. Beat lightly to combine.
- Pour mixture in one go into the flour mixture. With a spatula quickly and lightly mix together, do not over-mix, batter should still be lumpy.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups. It should fill nearly to the top of each cup, as I like my muffins overflowing when baked.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- 2 c SELF RISING FLOUR: 2c all purpose flour,1 T baking powder, 1/2 t salt.
- NOTE: If you don't have pandan paste,make it yourself by using either a blender to blend the leaves up, or use a pestle and mortar to pound the leaves (may need 6-10 leaves depending on the fragrance you want), you may need to add about 1 to 2 tablespoon of the water in the recipe to help in the blending or pounding. Then put the blended leaves with all its juices into a piece of muslin cloth and squeeze as much juice out as you can. Using this method you then add enough water to the juice to make up the amount of water needed in the recipe.