- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups water
- 4 ounces sweet corn (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 red bell peppers or 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- Wash the rice in a sieve under cold water, then leave to drain about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for a few minutes over a moderate heat until soft.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, taking care to keep stirring all the time so that the rice doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add the garlic and the stock or water and stir well. Bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat, cover and cook the rice for 20 minutes.
- Scatter the corn over the rice, then spread the pepper on top and lastly sprinkle over the grated carrot.
- Cover tightly and steam over a low heat until the rice is cooked, then mix together with a fork and serve immediately.