- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup chicken fat, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons chicken fat
- Grate the potatoes and onion, drain well.
- Combine in a bowl with eggs, flour, melted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well. Place 2 tbsps. butter in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Melt in oven or microwave. Tilt dish to coat evenly. Pour potato mixture into dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees uncovered for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue baking for 45 more minutes or until set and lightly browned.