- 4 -5 cups chili (home-made or canned)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, simmer chili until heated through.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- Grease a deep 8-quart or similar casserole dish.
- Spoon 1 cup of chili evenly on bottom of dish. Next, layer half of the macaroni, drizzle half of the ketchup (approx. 1/4 cup), half of the remaining chili and half of the cheeses. Repeat layering with remaining macaroni, 1/4 cup ketchup, remainder of chili and remaining cheeses. Top with jalapeno slices, if desired.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
- *NOTE: I prefer my home-made chili in this recipe, but if I use canned chili, I like to add chopped green pepper, chopped onion, 4 oz. can green chilies, cayenne pepper or whatever I have on hand to "doctor" it up.