- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 cups green apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup poblano chile, seeded and diced (fresh, not dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- NOTE: To help keep apples from turning brown, fill a bowl large enough to hold apples with cold water and add enough lemon juice to cloud the water a bit. Place peeled apples in this mixture while waiting to dice them. After dicing, return to this mixture until ready to use. Drain and proceed.