- 125 g vegetable margarine
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 125 g whole wheat flour
- 125 g porridge oats
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Mix in flour and oats and work into a paste. Moisten if necessary with a teaspoon of milk.
- Using a floured board, roll out about 7mm / 1/4 inch thick and cut into rounds.
- Put onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake just above middle in a moderately hot oven, Gas mark 5, 375 F, 190 C for 20 minutes, until pale brown.
- Take straight off baking tin on to a wire rack to cool.