- 1 3/4 cups julienne-cut english cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bell pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes. Combine cucumber and bell pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, ginger, and oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss gently to coat. Stir in crushed red pepper and black pepper.