- 1/2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cream whiskey liqueur, chilled (i would use about 1/4 of this amount)
- In a small saucepan, combine coffee, milk and cocoa.
- Heat the mixture over moderate heat, whisking, until the cocoa is dissolved, and let it cool.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the liqueur, pour the mixture into a metal ice tray fitted with the divider, and freeze it until it is frozen solid.
- The coffee mixture may be prepared up to this point 1 day in advance.
- In a blender, blend the frozen coffee mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup liqueur, scraping down the sides occasionally, until the mixture is smooth but still frozen.
- Serve in 2 stemmed glasses.