Korean-style Spinach Side Dish 💚
Many of you love the mung bean sprouts side dish so here's another simple one for you!
Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings);
- 250g fresh spinach, no need to remove the roots
- 6 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 tsp Korean chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Korean sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- white sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a bowl, combined garlic, chili flakes, sesame oil, spring onion, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Stir well and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring water to boil. Add spinach and blanch for 30s to 1 minute.
3. Drain and rinse them to cool down. Gently squeeze out as much water as possible using your hands. Remove the roots.
4. Add them into the bowl and toss until they are well combined with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds and serve immediately or keep in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
This side dish can last in the fridge for 3-4 days. It's usually serve cold as a refreshing side dish so don't need to reheat ya😋