Korean-style Mung Bean Sprouts Side Dish 💚
Here's a super easy recipe for you. It's suitable to use as a lunchbox or dinner side dish.
Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings);
- 500g fresh mung bean sprouts
- 6 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 tsp Korean chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Korean sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a bowl, combined garlic, chili flakes, sesame oil, spring onion, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Stir well and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring water to boil. Add mung bean sprouts and blanch for 1 minute. Don't over cook as they will lose their crunch.
3. Drain them really well. You may gently squeeze out excess water using your hands.
4. Add them into the bowl and toss until they are well combined with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle some black sesame seeds and serve immediately or keep in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
This side dish can last in the fridge for 3-4 days. It's usually serve cold as a refreshing side dish so don't need to reheat ya😋