[Recipe] Bubur Cha Cha 🍠💜🧡
In collaboration with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) I made this Bubur Cha Cha using Trader's Joe's organic coconut milk, which is sourced ethically without the use of monkey labor 🐒. If you're interested to find out more about how to help the pig-tailed macaques, that was trained and forced to climb trees to pick coconuts, click the link in my bio!
150g purple sweet potato, peeled & cubed
150g orange sweet potato, peeled & cubed
150g yam, peeled & cubed
2-3 cups of water, to cook sago
400ml coconut milk (1 can)
2 Pandan leaves, tie into a knot
1 pinch of salt
1. Steam the potatoes and yam for 20 mins until soft enough to poke through. Set aside.
2. Boil some water in a pot, add sago and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from the heat and cover with a lid. Let it sit for 10 mins to let the heat continue to cook the sago. Stir occasionally to prevent the sago from sticking to the bottom.
3. Drain and rinse the sago to remove the starch. Set aside.
4. Boil 1L of water with sugar and Pandan leaves for 10 mins. Remove the leaves and add coconut milk gradually over low heat.
5. Add step 1 and 3. Add salt and more sugar if needed. Stir well and serve. You can enjoy it warm or chill it overnight in the fridge and serve it cold. Enjoy!
Keep refrigerated. Consume within 3 days as coconut milk can go bad quite quickly.