- 3 pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- Place the sliced pears and pomegranate seeds into a bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat.
- Combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a small cup or bowl, then mix into the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to blend the flavors. Serve in individual dishes, and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped almonds and a sprig of mint.