- 8 ounces puff pastry
- 4 ounces mincemeat
- 2 teaspoons rum (optional)
- 1 egg white
- Caster sugar, for sprinkling
- Set ovent o 425*F or Mark 7.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface anc cut into 4 inch squares, then cut each square in half on the diagonal to make two triangles.
- Mix the mincemeat with the rum, if desired, and place spoonfuls on half of the triangles.
- Cover each one with another triangle, moisten the edges with a little water and press down firmly to seal. Beat the egg white lightly.
- Cut three slits in each cake with a very sharp knife, then brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and eat as fresh as possible.