- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, combined with
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped glace cherries (tip use scissors)
- Cream butter and sifted icing sugar in a medium/large bowl.
- Add vanilla and cream it in.
- Sift dry ingredients (salt, flour, baking powder) in a separate bowl, then stir them in to the butter mixture.
- Add chopped cherries and mix well with spoon or fork.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press into cookie shapes with floured fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden.