- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 (3 2/3 ounce) toblerone chocolate bars , coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stack 2 baking sheets together and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended.
- Add flour and salt and mix to make a stiff dough that does not quite hold together.
- Pat dough into a 13"x9" pan that is lined with parchment and set pan on prepared baking sheet OR pat dough in a rectangle (about 14" by 10").
- Bake until lightly golden, 25 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate on hot, uncut shortbread.
- Let set about 5 minutes and smear chocolate around.
- Cut into 2-inch squres and remove cookies to the fridge or freezer to set up.