- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups pecans , grilled, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricot , chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons french shallots , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Rice Salad: In a saucepan, bring to boil 6 cups of water. Add wild rice and reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and grains are open. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring the remaining water to boil. Add long grain rice and reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Dressing : In a salad dish, mix all ingredients until homogeneous. Add wild rice, long grain rice, pecans, apricots and cranberries. Stir to coat well. (This salad can be done one day ahead and cover it. It will be good until the next day.).