- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350, and spray the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan with non-stick spray (the recipe calls for a 10 X 15 jelly roll pan, but I didn't have enough dough for that).
- Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk with mixer until light and fluffy; blend in flour, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat egg white with water until frothy, and pour onto dough, spreading it all over the top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately cut into 1 X 2 strips, and remove them from the pan.