- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 15 1/2 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a medium covered skillet, cook carrots, onion, and garlic in about 1 1/2 tsp oil till onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, water, oregano, and basil; simmer covered 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in the mushroom and zucchini into the skillet; cooked uncovered about 5 minutes or till zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, using a wire stainer, squeeze any remaining liquid from the thawed spinach with a metal spoon.
- In a bowl stir together the spinach, eggs, cottage cheese and parmesan.
- Arrange a single layer of cooked lasagne noodles on the bottom of a greased 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish; top noodles with 1/3 of spinach mixture, spread with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, add with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, top with add 1/3 of the vegetable mixture - REPEAT layers 2 more times.
- Bake uncovered in a 375°F oven 35 minutes or till heated through.
- Top lasagne with 2/3 cup mozzarella; return to oven for 3 minutes or until top cheese has melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.