BURGER BUN TIPS 🔪🍔
This is the best vegan burger bun I have ever had. They are soft and pillowy, served perfectly with any kind of burger patties😋
If you got my "Yummy Burger made with Plants" online course (all THREE versions) you'll find this recipe in your coursebook and the tutorial videos that shows you how to knead and shape the dough by hands 👩🍳
These burger buns looked slightly different from my course because I DIY a burger mould with aluminium foil to make them raise tall. Here's how:
1. Start by pulling out a sheet of aluminium foil, about 35 cm in length.
2. Lay in lengthwise on your work surface. Fold the bottom third upwards into the centre and crease. Repeat with the top third, folding it down into the centre and creasing.
3. Repeat step 2 until you're left with a strips of foil with a width of about 2 cm.
4. For my recipe, you want to measure the foil strips to 24cm and fold to make a crease.
5. Place the long end of the strip inside the crease and staple them together. Trim off the excess part.
6. Gently pull it in a circular motion and shape it to form it into a ring.
To use it: Brush the inner ring with oil. Place the dough (after the first proofing and have been shaped) in the centre of the ring for second proof.
🍔Bake the bun in the ring then let them cool down for 10 minutes before taking the ring off😉 Slice and toast them like how you'd usually do it and serve them with your favourite burger patties!