- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups chopped broccoli (about 1/2 large bunch)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the chopped broccoli, garlic and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat.
- After the broccoli has cooled slightly, puree it in a food processor or blender. Return it to the sauce pan.
- Add the soy milk or skim milk and soy sauce. Warm over low heat.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped red onion.