- 1 loaf of fresh crusty italian bread
- 1/4 cup butter (or just enough to cover both sides of split loaf)
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese (you can add more if you like cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of italian oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2 medium cloves garlic minced)
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- Split loaf in half length wise.
- Generously cover both sides of the bread with softened butter.
- Add garlic powder or fresh garlic to both sides of the bread.
- Slice tomato into paper thin slices, add to ONE side of the loaf, the bottom side.
- Add oregano.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Close bread and wrap in foil.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.