- 1 lb butter, no substitutes
- 1 cup sugar, regular granulated
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Demo about using cookie press http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=243023.
- Set out the butter so it is at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, add the vanilla.
- In a different bowl combine flour and baking powder; add this dry mixture to creamed mixture and mix well.
- If you want to add a drop of food coloring, do so.
- Put a portion of dough into the cookie press.
- Shape dough with cookie press. ( When I use the swirlie plate, I like to get some dough onto the cookie sheet with press' feet? down --whatever you call them- LOL-- right on the cookie sheet and then turn the screw gizmo about 3 rotations. The first few usually do not look the best but by about the third one I have it figured out.).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 14-15 minutes. If you use a dark cookie sheet it will take less time.