- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 butternut squash , peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 4 celery ribs , diced
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt , to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the squash, carrots, celery, onion, and ginger in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minute stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Reheat on stove if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.