- 20 cm round loaf white bread
- 150 g green olives, pitted
- 150 g black olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- Black pepper
- 140 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 100 g baby rocket
- 150 g coarsley chopped tomatoes
- Split bread horizontally and remove bread from the inside leaving the crust.
- Brush inside with olive oil and set aside.
- Place olive, garlic, parsley, oregano, capsicum and lemon juice in porcessor and process until smooth paste.
- The add some olive oil.
- Season with pepper.
- Spread half this olive tapenade on the base of bread crust.
- Layer it with cheese, rocket, tomatoes and finish with rocket and with the remaining tapenade.
- Cover top of bread and wrap in plastic.
- Place on a plate and weigh down with another plate and some tines of food.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- To serve, unwrap and cut in wedges.