It’s been a while since I have created some new recipes. This recipe was created from the random thought of crab cakes but the funny thing is that I have never tried crab cakes before I decided to be a vegan.
I hid ingredients such as tomato and carrots in this recipe. Heehee. :P
- 1 Cup Organic Chickpeas (Soaked)
- 1 Med. Onion
- 1 Med. Carrot
- 1 Med. Tomato
- 1 Pkt Tempeh (250g)
- 1 TB Minced Garlic
- 1 TB Minced Ginger
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Tamari Sauce/Soy Sauce
- 1-2 TB Dried Thyme
- 1-3 TB Paprika Powder
- 1 TB White/Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Oil for Frying
- Boil chickpeas in water for about 20 minutes or until soft. Wait to cool.
- In a food processor, process till minced-like texture. Put aside.
- While waiting, clean carrots, onion and tomato, chop all of these into small cubes.
- Cut tempeh into cubes of about 1 x 1 x 1 cm.
- Heat the saucepan with 1 tsp of oil. Add minced garlic and ginger, fry till fragrant.
- Turn to medium heat. Add chopped carrots, onions till soft and add tomato last.
- After most of the water evaporates, remove from heat.
- Mince cooked carrot, onions, tomatoes with 1 cup oats in a food processor.
- Add all minced chickpeas, carrots, onions, tomato, flour, remaining oats, seasonings, herbs into the same saucepan.
- Mix mixture until a loose but firm dough forms.
- Form cakes of about 5cm diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Heat a frying pan with 2 tsp of oil. Pan fry till the surface turns golden brown and crisp.
- Best to serve warm/hot with cold Sauce or Dips of your liking.